A holiday in Fiji in 2009 set in motion a chain of events that completely changed the lives of an Australian couple. When they saw what was then Walu Beach Resort on Malolo Island in the Mamanucas, they knew they had discovered a slice of paradise. A long-held dream of owning a property in their beloved Fiji was realised two years later when the resort came up for sale. It already had the holiday essentials — beautiful turquoise blue waters, white sand beaches and perfectly placed palm trees — but the property needed an extensive upgrade. The couple officially opened Tropica Island Resort a year later in 2013 and today it is a resort with a difference that has stayed true to the location’s quintessentially Fijian roots. Perfect for celebration and rejuvenation, it is truly a tropical paradise for couples seeking magical memories that will last a lifetime.
Tropica Island Resort is an award-winning resort located on what we consider to be one of the best islands in Fiji, Malolo Island. We’re known for our exceptional quality service, delicious cuisine, authentic Fijian culture, great activities, and delivering once-in-a-lifetime memorable experiences for our adults only guests. Celebration and rejuvenation is our number one priority. Tropica is the South Pacific paradise you’ve always dreamed of.
- Winner – Fiji Excellence in Tourism Award for Accommodation Quality
- Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Award
- Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Award Best of the Best
- Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice – In Top 25 Hotels for Romance – South Pacific
• Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice #15 of the top 25 hotels in the South Pacific
• Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice #3 of the top 10 hotels in Fiji
• Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice #4 of the top 10 hotels for romance – Fiji
• Gohotels.com Outstanding Service Award
• Booking.com 9.1 Guest Review Award